Om Tryambhakam Yajamahe
Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat
We worship the three-eyed One (Lord Siva) who is fragrant and who nourishes all beings; may He liberate me from death, for the sake of Immortality, even as the cucumber is severed from its bondage (of the creeper).
- This Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is a life giving mantra.
- It is a mantra to conquer death.
- In these days, when life is very complex and accidents are an everyday affair, this mantra wards off deaths by snake bite, lightning, motor accidents, air accidents and accidents of all descriptions.
- It has very strong healing powers. Diseases pronounced incurable by the doctors are cured by this mantra, when chanted with sincerity, faith and devotion.
- It is a weapon against any type of negativity.
- It also helps in achieving liberation from the cycle of birth and death.
Best Time for Chanting:
The best time for chanting the Maha Mrityunjaya mantra is in the morning hours before dawn, but it can be chanted any time and whenever one feels the need.