"Most of the time we waste our energy in thinking about that one person from whom we have most expectations from, the one person who has given us most pain, the one person whose memory is not good for our ultimate good. Remember that even if the other person, about whom you are thinking is at fault, he or she will not be affected by your hatred or negativity. What the other person did he will receive, but that is only 3% of the real situation. That is the action. But what is more important is your reaction to what the other person did. Reaction constitutes 97% of the situation.
Remember that the search is for happiness and happiness is not in the action of the other person. Happiness comes from within. So try to go within.
The key to happiness lies in fulfilling your true life purpose by discharging all your responsibilities - worldly and spiritual. At the worldly level, paying back to the people you has received so much from. That is the foremost priority. At the level of the inner self, you must take out 2 hours every day for yourself. And now some people will say we do find time for ourselves. But let me tell you the time you find out for your work, your friends, your relatives, and your leisure is not the time for yourself. You have to understand that what you are. You have to feed not only the physical body but also your emotional body, the mind body and the soul.
The mind is very clever. It will not let you sit still. It will not let itself be ruled by any other influence. But you have to be firm and fully aware of what you want from this life. If it is self realization, then you have to be committed to the path shown by your Guru. Be steadfast in holding your mantra, staying rooted in your sadhna.
If you succeed in evolving your consciousness and energy through sadhna, you will see that you find success in whatever you do.
It is only through happiness and bliss derived from sadhna that you will achieve everything in life. After all, you, as a spiritual being, have taken birth to have humanly experience. If you are unhappy and sad, it is only failure that you will attract in your life.
Every Shiv Yogi has to rise from Shaitan Bhaav (devilish tendencies) to Manushya Bhaav (humanly instinct), to Dev Bhaav (Compassionate instinct) & finally through sadhna and Guru Krupa, Parmaatma Bhaav (Godly conduct).
Live in the present moment. Forget the past; renounce the worry of the future. Learn to seek happiness in the present moment."