Sunday, January 24, 2016
Friday, January 1, 2016
BABA JI FELICITATED WITH HINDU MUDA AWARD AT YOUTH INTELLECTUAL FORUM, BALI BY ITS DE FACTO KING; THE STATE HEAD SAYS GOOD KARMA OF BALI'S LOCALS AND ADMINISTRATION TO HAVE THE HOLY FEET OF AN ENLIGHTENED GURU ON THEIR LAND, MAKING IT MORE AUSPICIOUS, GIVING GREAT BOONS AND OMENS
Highlights of the ceremony
- Baba ji feted with state honour by official state head of Bali - Governor, Mayor Mr Dr Shri I Gusti Ngurah Arya Kledakarna Wedastra Suyasa III - [SE (M. Tru). Msi).
- Grand bouquet held in dedication to the guest of honour - His Holiness Avdhoot Baba Shivanand ji.
- The mayor underlined the oneness of Jambudweepa, the undivided India as a whole - extending from Afghanistan to Indonesia. He began his speech with the phrase Hare Rama Hare Krishna.........Hare Krishna Hare Hare, with references to Ramayana, deep roots connecting India and Indonesia - cultural, spiritual, religious, traditional and mythological convergence.
- While conferring the award on the Master, the mayor, in a mark of profound reverence, said that the people on Bali bestow this honour on Baba ji with the condition of him blessing the people with more and more of his grace and divine presence, enhancing the frequency of his trips in the largely Hindu land.
- The mayor also highlighted the importance of the trinity of rivers - Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, the need for preserving the values and traditions of original Hindu culture.
- A word of appreciation for Baba ji was reserved with respect to the noble work being done by him to uplift humanity and pay their bit in making the world a better place to live through healing, meditation and holistic practices.
- The programme saw 18 distinguished personages from different walks of life that were presented with bouquets, awards, mini glass trophies, offering immense gratitude for guiding the society
- Baba ji greeted the fellow guests, priests and the mayor with the traditional pleasantry - Om Swateastu
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
BABA JI AT HANUMANGARH: GOD IS BEYOND QUALITIES, MAGNIFIES WHAT YOU OFFER; ABSTAIN FROM OFFERING YOUR NEGATIVITY TO GOD, SEEK EMPOWERMENT TO OVERCOME CHALLENGES INSTEAD
Namah shivay! In a spell binding discourse, Baba ji said here in North western Rajasthan that the practice of offering one's sorrow and misery to the Almighty at worship altar or temple must be ceased at the earliest as it was the rule of nature that whatever is offered, a thousand fold is returned as a blessing.
"Shiva is Nirgun. For Him good is equal bad is equal. Whatever you give to Him, He will return manifold. So instead of offering your dejection to the Almighty, offer gratitude. Seek empowerment to overcome challenges, seek the power to heal, seek the power to attain prosperity, loving relationships, and attain abundance, purity and power to heal bad habits. Ask for the Shakti to overwhelm all situations in life," he said.
Speaking on the second day of the Farmer's shivir in Hanumangarh, Rajasthan the Self Realized Sage rued the intense creation of hierarchy in the society, with certain casts and occupational divisions being labelled as superior and others inferior. "Nowhere in Vedas will you find a mention of upper castes and lower castes. Man is now acting under the maya of vices, the illusion which drives him to ignorance and which triggers the onset of catastrophic emotions - ego, one-upmanship, greed, disrespect, resentment, hatred, atheism, ungratefulness. The pollution of ethics has manifested as pollution of the environment. The pollution of emotions and the pollution of culture have led to the pollution of nature. We have become weak. The land we inhabit has become weak," he stated.
Baba ji underlined the need for looking inwards for deriving power from the soul, which is "the source of cosmic energy, connected to the supreme source".
The Awakened Guru undertook an oath from the seekers - of never doing badly with the hands in which he will activate the Goddess as energy."
Finally, he urged all to desist from holding marriages in an overly extravagant and lavish manner, away from their place of residence, a practice which the culture of destinations wedding seems to be fomenting. "Cook at home. Bring celebration to your home. Don't let your culture fade away. Kanyadaan is to be done from home. Make your home a powerful energy reservoir. All holy work must take place from there. And marry during day time. Why do we have to make marriage like a secretive Maili Vidya or malpractice done at odd hours? We have become totally opposite to nature. Two lives must be bound in morning sun. The agni, the sacrificial fire around which the bridegroom takes marital vows must be lit as the first thing. What we do is serve food before everything else and then the mechanical ceremony is held. Where are the emotions? Where is the primacy and respect to the Fire God? Why are we giving it the last place in the marriage sequence?
Even in Satsangs, meals are being accorded priority and then the chant follows. The chant too is a formality. Singers are called for the occasion. The playlist includes all film songs moulded abhorrently into so called devotional music. Whereas the practice should be that a sadhak should take the lead. Devotion should be important and not singing. Bring piety, respect and devotion in every action. Don't forget your culture."